Family Life, Crafting, The Nest Storefront, Things That Make Me Smile,

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Back In Business!!!!

 I am so excited right now..our 
power is back on!! 

After 61 hours of basically camping at our house
I feel normal again and connected to the outside world!!

It is amazing what mother nature can do-
and I am fortunate to have only lost power.
My thoughts and prayers go out to all the
families in New Jersey.

I have been home the past three days due to the storm
and snapped some pictures!! 



The week started off great---
my mother-in-law was super generous
and bought me some craft 
supplies for the final push!!  
One week till the craft show


Then the power went out and the candles were out in full force.


Our first morning without power my 
mother-in-law and I both headed to Dunkin Donuts!
Priorities of course!!!


Coffee with Super Mario and a bunch of magazines!


My two favorite guys braved the rain and checked 
everything out. Thank fully we had no major damage.


As the hours went by Andrew yanked out the Toys R Us 
Christmas Big Book and got busy writing out
his Christmas list!!


Thank goodness for the fireplace it SAVED US and
was the heat provider!!!


We had a few nights of bedtime rituals accompanied by a flashlight.


During the day I caught up on some last minute crafting.



 I successfully completed another wreath 
for the craft show!!


Also snuck in a quick shopping trip with
my mother-in-law!!  Here is my treasure
a Mason Jar Lamp!!  It is so stinkin
cute lit up at night!!



And then the LIGHTS CAME ON!!!

It is amazing how much we take for granted.
I realized that BIG TIME the past 61 hours.

Stephanie


1 comment:

  1. I love the lamp - it's so cute!! At least you were able to craft a little bit!

    ReplyDelete